KVC Adoption Services work to locate and support safe and nuturing permanent families for children in foster care who cannot safely return to their birth family. In the last decade, KVC has matched over 3,000 children and youth with loving forever homes. Recognizing that adoption is a life-long commitment, KVC strives to provide families with preparation resources, support and events during the adoption journey to facilitate successful adoptions. Our focus is on matching the best possible family for each unique child.
"You don't have to have superpowers to make a difference in the life of a child. I am proud to partner with KVC to celebrate the heroes among us."
- Bill Self, Head Coach of the University of Kansas Men's Basketball Team, KVC Executive Board Member
"The longer I am involved with KVC, the prouder I am of what they accomplish each year for kids who need their assistance in finding a loving family for them to grow and prosper."
- Ryan Hogue, Kansas Speedway and member of KVC's General Board of Directors
KVC Health Systems
Adoption services are provided by local subsidiaries of KVC Health Systems Inc., a private, nonprofit organization that provides medical and behavioral healthcare, social services and education to children and families. KVC is accredited by the Joint Commmission, the oldest and most prestigious healthcare accrediting body in the nation, and a member of the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities.
In its 45-year history, KVC has grown from a home for at-risk boys to a national child welfare and behavioral healthcare organization serving tens of thousands of children and families each year. KVC works in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Washington D.C., providing one of the nation's largest and most diverse continuums of service. Learn more at www.kvc.org.
- More than 3,000 children matched with adoptive families.
- Recognized by the Annie E. Casey Foundation as a national "Best Practice" organization.
- More than 7,000 children supported in foster families nationally each year.
- One of the nation's highest rates for keeping siblings together.
- One of the nation's highest rates for relative/kinship care.
- More than 19,000 children and families served through in-home therapy annually.
- Hundreds of youth cared for in KVC's children's psychiatric hospitals and treatment programs